I got up and around this morning as usual. I don't typically listen to the radio in the mornings--Paul gets up after I do and even during times when he's not here, like now, I'm not in the habit. I did look out the window when I first got up and saw snow. We had snow off and on all day yesterday and it just looked like a heavy dusting this morning. It's not unusual to have snow where we live, since we're fairly high at around 6000 ft, but not in the rest of the town. Usually just a mile below our house, the snow tapers off to just a dusting of the white stuff and it gets less and less as you continue down. It's unusual for all of ABQ to have snow or ice.
When I went downstairs to get breakfast and finish the morning routine, I turned on the television to check the weather and traffic. I knew it was freakishly cold outside just given how much the heater has been running (and it is--around 15 degrees at 8:00). I was just in time to hear the newscaster say something sounding similar to APS on a 2 hour delay. Of course the scroll at the bottom was frustratingly slow as it went through the 150+/- closings or delays reported across the state--and it picked up just past the listing for APS.
But,finally, yay! I had a two-hour delay today--totally unnecessary since there wasn't more than a dusting across the town and the roads weren't slick. There have been much worse conditions that didn't warrant any delay or snow day. Not that I'm complaining about going to work two hours late. I started putting up the Christmas decorations last night and I was able to finish decorating the tree in the time I had. It was definitely the right weather to be in the holiday spirit. Then I'll bundle up (probably beyond what is necessary but I really hate being cold) and head to school for another round of unpacking boxes. The unpacking is going smoothly and quicker than I expected. My inlaws came up to help on Wednesday, along with a parent volunteer. The parent volunteer also came today--she's good but she's a bit of a task master. If she wasn't around, I'd probably be doing the unpacking a bit slower, taking a few breaks now and then, wandering around the campus to visit coworkers. Yeah--I've done none of that thanks to the tenacity of the parent. But we'll probably get the boxes finished tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Not a bad thing at all.
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Everyone needs a taskmaster, sometimes, I think! Glad the unpacking is going smoother than actually getting into the new library was!
Post a Comment