The past two nights, I've opted to sleep in the guest room since it actually has a bed in it. This is our "cat-free" room. We keep the door shut all the time so there is one mostly-hairless room for our guests with cat allergies. Having slept in the guest room previously, I knew exactly what the cat would do (and it was why I chose the couch over the weekend). For good hour to an hour and a half, Senor Jubjub positions himself outside the guest room door--meowing, pawing at the handle, pawing the door, meowing again and again and again. I think at one time he had his little nose pressed into the crack under the door to meow at me. He does eventually give up and goes elsewhere to sleep but it's a long time coming.
Last night, after both of us trying to ignore Jubjub for about 30 minutes, I heard Paul pad down the stairs to admonish the cat for being so noisy. He told the cat to "be quiet, get away from the door, she's trying to sleep." Initially, Jub didn't listen--stubborn little guy meowed a few more times just for good measure--but Paul did finally win the argument and the cat left for higher ground upstairs. And Paul got a hug and a very big smile from me.
And just because, a picture of the cat (where he isn't supposed to be) as taken by Paul:
2 comments:
This sounds very familiar. We have a very vocal cat, too, when there is any disruption to the sleeping arrangements...GB insists that she must have a megaphone that she hides somewhere, she's so loud sometimes.
Hope Paul is feeling better.
Amazing how they can find the highest stop in any given location and curl up to sleep there. Gizmo used to do that when I was in college. I'd hear a meow and find him atop the fridge. And I totally know the sound of the nose pressed to the crack under the door meow. =)
Post a Comment