Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Because before too long, it won't be that exciting to ride in Aunt Carrie's car

On Sunday, the oh-so-big 3-year-old Abigail asked to ride in my car on the way to breakfast. She "likes to ride in Aunt Carrie's silver car because it's fast." I drive a Subaru so it's not like I'm tooling around in a flashy sportscar. Plus I'm even more cautious when I have the kid in the car with me so I'm not sure where she got the "fast" part but I'll take it. It's fun to listen to her prattle on and on so I enjoy having her in the car with me. Here are bits of the conversation we had Sunday morning.

Upon falling off her bike before we left the house: I've got a booboo but I'm OK! No blood! I'm OK!

After I greeted her when I got into the car with a "Hello, Sunshine!": I'm not the sunshine. That's the sunshine (pointing out the window). I'm Abigail and I'm a girl and I'm down here.

As I was driving: Do you know where we're going? I don't think this is the way. Are you sure this is the right way? Where are we going? As long as it's not IHOP. I got sick the last time I went to IHOP.

The door lock: Oh, it's good to lock the doors so they don't open. (I locked the doors) Oh, wait, don't lock me in! We need to have the doors unlocked.

I also had a running commentary on the way home about whether or not the car in front of us was her parents' car (it was), if her dad was driving (he was), and that red lights mean stop and that her momma's car was old and that she liked the song on the radio even though she didn't know it and on and on and on.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

I love Abigail and her prattling on. Gran took you on a trip with her once when you were about Abby's age to take Grandma Britton home. The reason you went was to keep her company --- seems you liked to prattle on when you were that age too. :)

amanew said...

She really does come by it naturally. David and I just like to have her ride with someone else sometimes just so our ride is quieter. But now Benjamin is starting to chatter more and more. :)

Carrie said...

Yes, she really should be my child. Can you imagine poor Paul if he had me and Abigail around all the time? I'm sure his head would explode from the copious amount of words.

And I remember the trip to OK with Gran and Grandma Britton. I was afraid Grandma Britton was going to keep me forever when she asked if I would go home with her. Scared the bejeebus out of me.