Sunday, April 9, 2006

Maybe I should start by asking for the Easy-Bake Oven I never owned as a child*

I saw this cookbook while in Carmel. I was tempted to buy it. I didn't but I was very tempted.

*My older sister did have an Easy-Bake Oven but Donna wouldn't allow Amy or me near it to look at its plastic gloriousness, much less let us play with it. The Lite Brite, yes. But never the Easy-Bake Oven.

7 comments:

Donna said...

You were too young to handle the gloriousness that was the harvest yellow of my Easy-Bake Oven.

Besides, I was just looking out for your best interests. That lightbulb that did the cooking got awfully hot...

Carrie said...

Oh, yes--those 60 watt bulbs are terribly dangerous.

Maybe instead of the Barbie birthday party I had for my 30th, I should have had a "Bring me all the presents I was deprived of as a child" party. Easy-Bake Oven, Snoopy Sno-Cone machine, Barbie makeup head, etc. The guest room could become a grown-up playroom for my friends and me. Complete with a sign that reads "No Boys Allowed" on the door.

Donna said...

Would big sisters be invited in?

Carrie said...

Are you a boy? Duh.

I'm the MOM!? said...

Great information. I now know what you would like for christmas.
Instead of the room, I think a big cardboard hut would work better. Especially if you have some gray tape holding it together.

Donna said...

We could save the boxtops from the cereal boxes and get the Tony the Tiger hut again and put our miniature video games in it and call it our own personal arcade...

Carrie said...

Sadly, as much of a castle as that cardboard hut was to us as children, I'm not sure all three of us would fit in it at once now. And Paul would probably try to steal any video games because nowadays it would have to be a PSP. And then I'd have to point snottily at the sign that clearly states NO BOYS ALLOWED and he would pout and ask why the cat was allowed in because Jub *used* to be a boy and it would cause a riff between us and I'd have to apologize for being mean (and we all know how I hate to apologize).

So, I'm thinking I'm going to stick with the Easy-Bake Oven and the Lite-Brite for now. Maybe some books for variety.