Monday, January 9, 2006

But don't call them resolutions

Just things I'd like to accomplish in 2006...

1. Learn to make a really good marinara. I have a recipe for one that *I* like but Paul isn't fond of it. I'd like to find one that both of us like.

2. And while I'm in the kitchen, I'd like to master one or two more recipes. I've got three or four "standards" I make when we have dinner guests but I'd like to expand that. Otherwise, people can only eat dinner at our house three times and all three times they'll have the same dessert. Really, though, does anyone mind eating chocolate?

3. Sign up for dance classes--either ballroom classes for Paul and me or just tap dance classes for me.

4. Find a swimsuit that I like. It's a never-ending quest. I know I'll never be 100% happy with the way I look in a swimsuit but there surely has to be one suit out there that isn't horrible. I know I've had one in my life--1993, I wore it out because we went to the lake so much but that was a great swimsuit. Didn't crawl, shoulder straps fit, enough hiney coverage. Of course, the fact that I was 18 and 115 lbs. with no body fat probably helped matters.

5. Have a book or two in the queue so I'm never without something to read. I was lazy with my reading in 2005 and I need to step it back up. I also need to expand into more non-fiction reading.

6. Finally figure out the International Date Line. I consider myself a fairly intelligent, well-read person and yet this is something that has stumped me for ages. It's not something I dwell on but I would like to finally understand how it works.

7. Get a passport. I'm 31. I should have a passport. Some day we might get a wild hair and decide to jaunt off to some exotic location at the last minute. Not that we ever will but it would be nice to be able to do so if we ever did get that adventurous.

8. Mop more often. Or hire someone to come do it for us.

9. Take more pictures. I should say "Take more pictures of things other than the cat."

10. Be better about keeping in touch with friends I've got and be better about putting myself out there in making new ones. I think it's equal parts laziness and shyness/my introverted nature that keep me from doing both of those things. I'm really not that busy that I couldn't do both of those things--just have to get out of my comfort zone (and off the comfortable couch).

OK--those are out there. Now I just have to work on getting them done.

1 comment:

telfair said...

I'm the same with swimsuits. I never like my swimsuits and when I find one I do like, I wear it til its tattered. I hate wearing swimsuits anyway!! But if I could just find one like that black Nike tank suit I had six years ago...I might be somewhat satisfied...