It's now 2006 and it's already started better than 2005, which I rang in with a *lovely* case of food poisoning.
Paul and I went to dinner last night and spent some time reminising about our 10 NYE spent together (or at least in coupledom since we were apart on a couple of them). We missed our first NYE because I was sick with the flu. I was supposed to be waiting tables that night but ended up telling the manager I'd rather quit than try coming in to work. He called me the next morning about 8:00 to let me know I still had a job. I told him I still quit. Another NYE I remember was when I was visiting Sandy and Mark in Houston in 1998. That was the year I got kissed by the random stranger at the NYE celebration in Downtown Houston. I was really thinking "Oh, friendly hug with the only other single person here." and he made his move. It didn't help that he was about 17 (and I was a ripe old 24). It was all very random and bizarre.
Most of the years have been very low-key, spent in CO or on our couch. That's just fine with me. Too many crazies in the world to go out. We've gone out bowling a couple of times but were always safely home before the drunks were out in full force.
Today, we're just lazing about, enjoying the end of a very relaxing Winter Break. I don't think I'm going to make any resolutions this year. Most of them are random goals (continue exercising, don't gain weight--I don't even bother with the "losing weight" thing, remodel the house). I'm not sure those could be classified as resolutions. But at least I'm able to reach them each year. I'm not sure how "get new carpet" really improves me as a person. Perhaps because it is softer under my feet, thus making me softer around the edges and just generally a nicer person. Sounds good to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment