Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Adding a few more

I thought of a few more things I should add to my list of things I'd like to accomplish in 2006. I think I'll stop with lucky number 13 though--anything more and I might overwhelm myself. :)

11. Learn to knit. I've got a beginner's kit and have read up on it. How geeky am I that I'll learn to knit by reading. Could ask any assortment of people but I'd rather read and figure it out on my own.

12. Organize the past 6 years worth of photographs that are in a variety of boxes around the house. I'm not even striving to get them in the an album at this point. I'm now thinking I'll invest in some of those cute photo boxes and go from there.

13. Clean out our closets that closely resemble Fibber McGee's. Some of the treasures in our closets include college papers, Paul's trombone that he played for a year in middle school, leftover carpet scraps from when the house was built, boxes neither of us have looked in in five years, etc., etc.

2 comments:

telfair said...

Ooh! Ooh! I can help! I just taught myself to knit over the holiday...my mother-in-law got me "Knitting for Dummies" and it was great -- a good book for beginners. I can highly recommend it.
I'm pretty much two left thumbs when it comes to this stuff and I'm whizzing away now.

Good luck!

Carrie said...

A friend who knits recommended that book and another great book for beginning knitters (the title escapes me right now). My little kit also came with a DVD that I haven't watched but I hope it will explain things more clearly. My mom said she taught herself to knit years ago but her stitches are upside-down or some such thing because she didn't follow the instructions quite right.