Today's pictures are probably the last of the interesting ones since the rest of the work is paint, trim, and finish work. Exciting things like that. Paul apparently thought we needed a picture of the electrical wire so there you go:
Looking from the living room, the new door into the guest room/den and Jub coming down the hall. I guess we'll need to figure out what that room will be called now. Of course, we still refer to the second bedroom upstairs as "the new room" even though it will be Baby's bedroom. Maybe when Baby is about 16, we'll stop calling it the new room. About the same time we stop calling him Baby.
And with both doors shut to keep the cat out. The doors will be painted to match the rest of the trim in the house.
There won't be an update tomorrow as the carpenter isn't going to be coming in--he's got a few loose ends on another project that he's going to finish up tomorrow and then will be back on Thursday to finish the trim and probably get started painting. This project is going quickly from the time Paul and I had the first conversation about it (late October) until it will be finished (late December). Considering I didn't call the contractor until the middle of November, this is a really fast turn-around.
2 comments:
That is a fast turn around. I'm excited to see the finished project.
Haha, I like the part about not calling him Baby when he's 16. Shawn has asked me many times when I'm going to stop using the monitor at night...I said when he's 16...MAYBE. :-)
Post a Comment