Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Week 24

Because we have a courtyard entrance, our front door isn't visible from the street so when we first moved into our house, I made it a habit to use the front door when I was going to the mailbox as a way to check for packages and make sure every thing was find out that way. Yesterday, I didn't go out that door but used the garage instead. Imagine my surprise when I saw a note in the mailbox that we had a package at the front door. And not just any little box. A great big box all the way from Michigan full of maternity clothes courtesy of a friend. Hooray for (very generous) imaginary friends!
Clothes, clothes, and more clothes. What fun! I'll be able to share the bounty with some friends who are due later than me (in late April and late May) because they'll need two seasons worth of maternity clothes.

As for the rest of it, I've been going crazy finalizing vendors for the upcoming Holiday Ole' that Junior League is doing this weekend. I think we'll have about 32 or 33. Maybe 36, depending on everyone getting their application in. I hope they will soon. My eyelid has been twitching for the past two weeks because of this. But it will be worth it--I think it will be a great event.

Paul is just going crazy because of work. Seems to be worse than usual this week with some problems. Throw in that he's leaving for Berkeley on Friday and it ups his stress level. He's always more stressed before he leaves on travel because he's trying to finish up everything at work in preparation for being gone and so it won't be looming when he returns. We're staying home for Thanksgiving--hopefully he'll be able to relax some next weekend.

One funny thing from this week--I was lying in the recliner and the cat was lying on me across my belly when Baby kicked up a storm. The cat gave me the strangest look like "What the hey?" then walked over to the other chair to continue his nap, uninterrupted. I think he and Baby will get along great.

This week's belly shots. Paul only took a couple and this was the better of the pictures. I'm good at blinking.
And just in case there are any questions:
That's right. Pregnant is the new skinny.

5 comments:

IdaR said...

Love the shirt!

sara said...

That shirt is the best!
Sorry for the less than elegant packaging job. :)

Carrie said...

The branch of the gym where they hold the pregnancy aerobics classes is the branch I normally avoid because it's where all the people go to see and be seen. Women in teeny-tiny outfits on the treadmills, over-muscled men, etc. The pretty people, if you will. When I saw the shirt, I knew I had to have it.

And S--it was non-bills mail so you could have sent it in a Hefty bag and I would have been thrilled to get a package.

Donna said...

That shirt is the best!

Patsy said...

I do love the shirt and the fact that they may pregnant women walk by overly proud to be too thin and men too bulky is just mean!