Sunday, November 8, 2009

A bit quiet around here

Things are going well as far as the pregnancy goes. Weeks 22 and 23 have been relatively uneventful as far as any new developments. My OB appointment during week 22 included a sonogram which my mom was able to be there for. Baby was moderately cooperative with the pictures although he wouldn't pose for the profile picture my mom wanted. The doctor declared both mama and baby healthy and deemed there to be no reason for me to continue with the perinatologist visits.

This past week, I attended my first Pregnafit class at the gym. It's basically really, really low impact aerobics for pregnant people. I'm going to try some of the prenatal yoga classes as well. I'm doing a decent job of hitting the gym most weeks and either doing the treadmill or elliptical machine and some light weights. I think it's doing a pretty good job of keeping the aches and pains at bay. I've slacked off a bit the past two weeks and have felt more icky the past two weeks than I have any other time. So exercise and prenatal massages are worthwhile indulgences. I can also say week 23 is when I definitively felt the baby kicking on the outside. He's apparently taken up kickboxing classes about 4:00 every afternoon. And then he'll do his softshoe routine on my bladder. Love this boy.

I've decided to not take any classes next semester since Baby will be making an appearance right about midterms. I'll have 18 hours at the end of this semester--halfway through the program--so I'll definitely continue with it. I'll probably take one class during the summer and then go from there as to how to finish up.

Other than that, things have been pretty quiet for both of us. There is a bit of melancholy that seems to have settled over the house. Paul's job is going through a rough time--more work than money and they are having to cut a few more people which makes for even more work for those left. He's understandably stressed about that as well as how the impending arrival of a wee one will impact his crazy work hours. I'm just moody and hormonal and not liking the number today's birthday brought which is making me even moodier. It's been a great weekend around these parts, let me tell you. Cheery. Festive. Woohoo. But we know how to work through it and we're doing just that. This too shall pass and things will be cheerier once again.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you are both healthy, Carrie! I hope things get better at Paul's work. And how nice that Baby also has a workout class! Haha. :-)

Donna said...

Hey, sis... glad you're overall healthy and so is Baby. I know from the melancholy... and you're right, this too shall pass.

Oh, and I'm back to blogging.

Patsy said...

There seems to be a lot of melancholy in our family right now. And the number on your birthday really isn't so bad. Would you really want to go back to any previous number just to climb to the one you are at now?
I hope Paul's work schedule will lighten up in the next few months, but if they don't you know ..... you do what you have to do. It is all any of can do. We don't have to like it; we just have to live it.

IdaR said...

I think the weather, time change, or just the coming of Winter makes lots of us a bit melancholy. Of course bad economics effecting Paul's job doesn't help, I'm sure. Glad to hear that you and baby are both healthy.