When checking my email today, there was a message saying that I have been accepted into the College of Information, Library Science, and Technologies and the Department of Library and Information Sciences (LIS) at the University of North Texas.
I opted to apply for the General Program of Study rather than pick on of the more specialized fields. I think I have a pretty good grasp of school librarianship and would probably do OK with the children/youth librarianship. Hopefully the rest isn't so intensely specialized that I couldn't do it if given a chance. And I might not want to do anything else than school librarianship but this is giving me another option.
There are a few little loose ends that I need to tend to--transferring hours from UNM, etc. But I really am going to be getting that second Master's degree. It's either 24 or 30 hours depending on what I'm able to transfer. Hopefully, this will really mean I'm done when I finally get that piece of paper. See me in three years and we'll talk.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey, Mom--I deleted your comment not because it offended me but I really do try to keep last names off the blog. Yes, most people reading know it but still. It's one little thing I do.
But to answer your question, I most likely will not go for a Ph.D. I don't really see a need for it based on where I see my career path going.
Yay!! :-)
Congrats, my "ejumacated" sister. :-D
Did any of us really believe that you wouldn't get in? Yeah. That's what I thought. :)
Congratulations, Smart Cookie!
Post a Comment