Wednesday, October 8, 2008

In the mail

I have completed the online application and paid the $50 application fee. I have completed the SLIS application and written the required essay. I have sent the recommendation forms to the people who have agreed to put in a good word for me. I have sent requests for transcripts to be sent to UNT.

I don't know why I'm so nervous about sending in the application to graduate school but whenever I think about it, I want to throw up. Paul pointed out that 1) it doesn't mean I HAVE to go and 2) I might not even get in. Yeah. Thanks for the vote of confidence there on that last one, sweetie.

There are several things that will have to be done once I am accepted (I'm thinking more positively than my husband here). Because I already have an MA, I'll need to have the requirement for the GRE waived (UNM didn't require this test for the program I completed). I also will need to see about possibly having nine of my graduate hours transferred to the SLIS program. If I can do that, I'll only be required to take 27 hours rather than 36 hours and cuts down on the time and money. When I took graduate classes in the past, I was able to take six hours a semester without too much added stress. We'll see how it works out this time.

In the meantime, I need to stop thinking about it because it's making me queasy again.

5 comments:

Patsy said...

Just because I'm too lazy to back track through blogs tell me again what SLIS and UNT are acronyms for.

And I don't know why you are so nervous. You'll do great in the program and they are lucky you are applying to them. :)

Loni said...

I'm crossing my fingers and toes, although I am sure you've got nothing to worry about! :)

Carrie said...

UNT--University of North Texas

SLIS--School of Library and Information Sciences

UNT offers on web-based program for their Master's of Library Science.

Stephanie said...

I'll be crossing fingers and toes for you, too! Stop making yourself queasy.

Donna said...

You've got nothing to worry about, I'm sure. Take a deep breath and relax!