Thursday, December 6, 2007

Have a seat!

Here are pictures of our new couch and recliner. We haven't gotten the accent chair and ottoman and with the craziness of the book fair, I haven't had a chance to call to arrange delivery which probably won't be until after the new year. Our friend Kristina, to whom we gave our old couch and love seat to, was so appreciative. She'd been to the house several times but as one is apt to do, hadn't paid much attention to the furniture even while sitting on it. So when we pulled up in the pickup last weekend to put everything in her storage room, she exclaimed "Oh, I like it!" She clarified that she didn't think I would have bad taste, just that she wasn't sure what she was getting. My friend Devlyn later told me that Kristina kept talking about how great the couch was and oh, they are from La-z-boy and wow, I'll be able to have them forever. She's 24 and very excitable.

Here's our new stuff that makes me excitable. Looking into the living room from the front door at the new couch.
Paul was sitting in the recliner the other night and he looked like such an adult. Probably a good thing since he's 35. Then again he wasn't reclining, he'd just stuck his feet up on the coffee table so he needs a little work on the grown-up part. (And I really should remember to clean up the stuff in the background of pictures. Eh, well. There's how we live, people.)
Looking into the living room from the dining room. The accent chair will probably go where the rocking chair is sitting.
Nothing new here. This picture was for Mom's benefit to show her where I hung my birthday present. But that wall really is E. I told Paul we should get an N, W, and S to go with it. On the wall in the hall is my photo project. I've gotten so far as to hang the frames--3 months ago but who's in a rush. My idea is to do some old pictures of our families, us as kids, and a few newer pictures. I want to copy them in B&W but Paul keeps insisting that now we have color and the pictures should be in color. So, I've gotten so far as to hang the frames.
And that's pretty much all there is to my living room. It's definitely got "cozy" down if by cozy one means "impossibly small." But it's home and I like it.

4 comments:

Patsy said...

Hummmm -- maybe that explains why the only other letters they had were N,S,W -- I really wanted a B though. I like the new stuff and the way they are arranged. I think it has a bigger feel to the room more open to the dining area. You could possibly put the other chair over where the Christmas tree is sitting, not exactly there, but in that area. :)

Natalie said...

Man... I just wrote a long and beautiful comment and it went into oblivion. I hope whoever got it, loves it. lol

Anyhoo... What I said was that I think your home looks warm and cozy and the new furniture is beautiful.

The thing that caught my (ever discerning) eye: Jubjub has his own stocking! :) And it has a kitty on it! Now I'm going to have to go out and get one for Q. I haven't had a cat for probably, hmmm... 15 years? I need to stock up on all things kitty. He is still very kitten-ish and loves those toys on a string. I can't get him any catnip because the dogs eat it. lol

I love the recliner... I could really stretch out and nap in that thing. lol Don't tell Paul I said that!

So, can I come over? I'll bring coffee... lol.

Your home looks very inviting.

Nice!

(Mine looks severely lived-in. Three kids and three pets will do that to any kind of furniture, walls, doors, well, any surface, really. lol)

Carrie said...

The recliner is fabulous because it lays out very flat. It will be a good napping place. You are welcome over any time to try it out. Just be forewarned that Paul calls me a "very bad quiet person." I honestly think I'm being quiet but apparently, I'm not.

And yes, the cat not only has a personalized stocking, he has a personalized stocking from Pottery Barn. :D (It was on super-duper $5 clearance and I couldn't resist.)

The Byrd said...

It looks so great and warm and cozy! We have stockings for the dogs and cats but the dogs stockings have cats on them and vice versa. I think we're weird a bit.