Saturday, December 22, 2007

Season's Greetings

For the maybe-three people who read this blog regularly and aren't on the Christmas card list and everyone in Blogger-land who might stumble upon this little place:

I'll be taking a brief hiatus as Paul and I are leaving for Texas early in the morning to visit my family for a few days. We come back to ABQ on the 26th only to fly to Kansas early on the 27th to visit Paul's grandparents and the family that is gathered there for a few days. His grandfather Owen celebrates his 95th birthday on Christmas Day. Milestone birthday aside, this trip is a little bittersweet because it will probably be the final time we see Paul's 93-year-old grandmother. Needless to say, it was very important to both of us to make the trip to KS this holiday. I will be back here most likely on the 31st with pictures and stories from all our excursions that occur over the next week.

In the meantime, we wish you a wonderful Christmas filled nothing but laughter and joy and 2008 that is brings you all the happiness and goodness that life has to offer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas from an anonymous being in Blogger-land (actually NJ) who read your posting. Cool blog.

The Byrd said...

Merry Christmas!!

I am just catching up on all your posts.. It's been a long month. I'm glad it's almost over!!! Have safe travels!!

Loni said...

I love this card. Please share your secret for such awesomeness when you return! Happy travels and Happy New Year!

Carrie said...

Ah, the secret of that card was easy--a great photographer and lots of Photoshop. :)

And I love the picture of your little girl, Loni. It's hanging on our cardholder on the bar where I can see it every time I'm standing in the kitchen. And I smile right back at her every time.

Bootie said...

I've already told you, but this is my absolute *favorite* picture of you and Paul.

I hope you had happy holidays. I'm going to flail on the floor for a while because Texas is too big and I won't get to see you.

:::flop:::

:::flail:::