Monday, August 20, 2007

Just because Amy told Paul, "Oh great. Now there will be pictures of my children picking up roly-polys on her blog."

Ta-da! Complete with plastic cups for collecting the roly-polies:


Paul and I were very "helpful" in pointing out the bugs to Abs and Benjamin and were admonished by Amy to not encourage her children. They were having a grand time.

And as much as I love my niece and nephew, I'm not sure the 1-day stomach plague that I've "enjoyed" most of today that we're blaming on Amy's family is quite worth it. To quote David: It's like the after part of a 3-day bender without getting to enjoy the fun part. At least I'm now able to be vertical and am on the mend.

6 comments:

mommyfranklin said...

Looks like fun!

I am afraid that our brief interaction during the weekend may have led to your part of the stomach bug. Zachary was not a pleasant person to be around on Sunday. The rest of us have avoided it so far.

Carrie said...

Apparently, it could be one of a multitude of people. I learned one of my coworkers had this same thing last week but he's not one I'm around often. I hope the rest of your family manages to avoid this one. I'm still not convinced I didn't just have a sour stomach from poor eating over the weekend--even if that's not the only thing, I'm sure it contributed to it.

Judi said...

Have I mentioned how much I love reading your blog, Carrie?

Not only do I get caught up on what you and Paul are up to, but I get to see all your family, the nieces and nephews and hear about all the goofy things y'all do.

I miss you!!!!

mommyfranklin said...

Since the rest of us have remained well, we also suspect Zachary's tummy problems were at least partly due to the long day of shopping and pigging out.

Carrie said...

Ah, ((Judi)). You're so sweet. I keep trying to figure out when we can take a longer-ish trip to visit my parents so I can make a side-trip up to see you as well.

Judi said...

LOL--how far are you from here? There was some kind of balloon race last weekend or the weekend before and A was just amazed.

I told my sister about you and Paul, and she's interested in possibly going to see the balloons.