One and a half tubes of sunblock later, Paul and I are home from Waikiki. We made it home this afternoon about 2:30 after an overnight flight from Honolulu and a 3-hour layover in Phoenix. I can't decide if I'm exhausted (we landed in PHX at 5 a.m. Hawaii time) or raring to go (as it is now just 2:30 p.m. in Hawaii).
The cat was absolutely pissy when we got home. He was sitting on the cabinets over the refrigerator when we got home and started hissing at us when we walked in the kitchen. After about 30 minutes or so, Jub decided he was over being angry. Now, he can't sit close enough to either one of us.
It was a fabulous trip--plenty of pictures were taken that I'll share soon. Yes, we took surf lessons. And yes, we were both able to get up several times. It was a blast. That's just part of the highlights from the past 10 days.
Since we got home, I've waded through 10 days of emails, snail mail, phone messages, and am now alternately staring at the laundry and the empty refrigerator, not wanting to do anything about either one. I think we'll just prolong the vacation until tomorrow morning when I'm hopefully a lot less loopy.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Welcome home! Glad you guys had so much fun.
Welcome home!! I'm glad Jub is a lot less mad now...
(This is your sister, Donna, btw. I started the new blog and have a new name.)
Welcome back... to humidity almost akin to the islands... lol! (Not!)
I have to wonder if Jub is one of those cats that leave "little presents" for for you when he's really mad. Hissing at you? Lawds! He was really mad. I'd be checkin' my shoes for, um, little "presents." lol
Can't wait to see the photos...
Glad you're home, safe and sound, and that you had a great time.
:)
Welcome back! So glad you're home and that you had a great time!
Jub cracks me up. Alexis actually does something similar when she misses us, although she keeps the hissing to a minimum. :)
I can't wait to hear more about it and see the pictures, but please take your time and catch up a little on laundry and food first!
Post a Comment