Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sorry, ladies--he's taken

Paul and I had our final private dance lesson last night (we had 3 private lessons, 2 group classes, and 1 practice class as a result of our gift certificate). Paul went more formal for the lesson, breaking out the tuxedo t-shirt for the evening. We spent most of the class working on the Texas swing, even learning a spin-waist turn-spin combo that nearly made Paul's head explode. But we finally (almost) got it down. Of course, we may never be able to dance without both of us mouthing 1-2-3-4 (or 1-2-3 because I think even Paul can now identify a waltz ).

But we'll get to try because Paul agreed to sign up for more classes--even acquiesced that it might be fun to continue. It was done with the caveat that he doesn't want to dance with other people at the group or practice class because that wasn't fun in his world. Our instructor agreed that that was doable.

Now, we have 15 more classes (and we still have the practice class from our gift certificate) that we can spread out over as much time as we need, which will be necessary given Paul's crazy work travel schedule. Now, we just have to find an event to actually try out our newly-acquired skills.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That is just too cute.
Now, the next thing is making sure you have some music (at home) so you can have impromptu (and inspired) "practice" sessions. I put that in quotes because I'm being cagey and think dancing can lead to all kinds of "wonderful" things.
;)
Buena Vista Social Club is a great Cuban band with many different kinds of dance music within each cd.
cha-cha-cha

Patsy said...

Way to go. Robert and I took the group dance lessons (4 of them) on the ship. We had rumba, waltz, cha cha, and tango. We did fair at rumba, good a waltz, ok at cha cha and flunked tango. I just couldn't get the steps down and when we had to do a dip it was just funny (Robert so tall and me so short made for an awkward stance) and then some sort of flair step that beyond me. I think I was still hung up on the dip when she was trying to teach the flair. Anyway we had fun and our waltzing has improved 10 fold. :)
We will continue to do our version of the two step and probably wont' use the others very often (except the waltz.)

Anonymous said...

Our band (yes, I'm in a real band) is playing an afternoon Tea Dance ant the local Senior Center on the 6th. You are MORE than welcome to rush over to Scott City and show off your newly aquired skills on the dance floor!