In addition to the stress and worry I've been feeling as a result of things surrounding Paul's company, I've been a bit under the weather the past few days. Yesterday was nothing but craptastic (felt crummy, was annoyed by several coworkers before 8:00, started the day off with a long (2 hours) staff meeting/inservice) and by 11:00, it was pretty much confirmed that I just needed to go home and start the day over.
All of this was projected into wacky sleeping behavior and odd dreams last night. The strangest thing last night was that when I roused up around 11:30, I decided I should be wearing a sports bra. Not something I normally do when sleeping but last night, I managed to not only find one but I also put it on correctly. While still asleep. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with my asleep self--I can't always get a sports bra on correctly when I'm awake.
As for the actual dream part--well, even I can determine the meaning behind it. I'm the yearbook advisor and yesterday morning, I was visited by the yearbook rep. He had a payment plan for me to sign. It seems that we hadn't paid our bill for last year's yearbook (to the sum of about $8000). For whatever reason, our bookkeeper is always late in paying the bill. The 2005 book wasn't paid until August 2006. Frustrating but there isn't much I can do but keep handing her the bills and giving her the deposits. The principal was in the library when the rep. was there. I introduced them and gave the principal a quick overview of the situation. I was then called away by my student aide who needed help. Later in the morning, the principal came over with the bill showing the 2005 and 2006 amounts (about $14,000) and informed me that there is only about $1100 in the account. Knowing that I have sold about 300 yearbooks at $30 each for the past two years (last year, we sold out of yearbooks ordered--about 450 which includes the 150 or so preordered ones), I think there should be MUCH more money in the yearbook account. Definitely enough to cover the bills for the past two years. I don't know what kind of shady accounting has been taking place, and I'm not accusing the bookkeeper of doing anything, but it seems that she might have been moving money around and out of my account. I've been informed that I am to give any yearbook deposits and any more bills that come in directly to the principal. Completely bypass the bookkeeper and give them to her. (It was easy to see that the principal was both perplexed and irritated by the whole situation.) Last night's dream involved me walking outside, seeing a bunch of people staring at a huge black cloud. Lightning was coming out of the cloud and was starting small fires that then started burning out of control.
Yep. A little stressed.
Friday, February 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, carrie.
You deserve a day at the spa.
Calm those nerves!
I had a massage this afternoon. I think I'll sleep very well tonight.
Wow, is right. Maybe you might want to consider Advil PM. It's got antihistamines in it and helps me sleep when I just can't either fall or stay asleep. I rarely feel groggy in the morning.
Unless you enjoy the little surprises you experience when you awaken and find yourself wearing different clothing. lol That is pretty impressive.
I just hope you don't sleep-walk-hungry and attempt to make pancakes!
Take care and get some rest.
(This comment has been sitting in que since last night. Something was very wrong with blogspot yesterday and the danged word verification wouldn't work! I think a massage is the perfect answer for stress. Have a great weekend!)
Post a Comment