I think I found the solution to my chilly woes. And paired with one of these.* With all that fluff and fur, I'd never be cold again.
Growing up, my sisters and I would beg our parents for something from the Overland Sheepskin Co. We would stop at the store on family ski trips to Taos but our pleading, begging, and whining was always in vain. Each stop always resulted in us leaving empty-handed. When my oldest nephew was born some 15 years ago, my dad bought a pair of shearling booties for Preston to enjoy while in the 0-3 month range. That purchase caused my younger sister and I to flounce as only teenaged girls can flounce. We huffed, we puffed, we pouted, we glared, we gave the silent treatment. It was all in vain as nary a shearling scrap was purchased for us. I think we're both still a little bitter about that.
Fifteen years later, I decided there are some advantages to being a grown-up:

Being able to buy my own sheepskin slippers and have warm toes is just one of them.
*And I actually own a shearling hat but it doesn't include any large fur cuff. It is much more understated bucket hat. Very unflashy.
4 comments:
I can remember going to this place when I was a kid. I thought it was in Santa Fe but maybe it was Taos; I don't really remember.
Ever since then, I've wanted one of those jackets, much like your slippers in color and style, with a hood. It always exemplified "The West" to me and it was a "look" I longed for when I lived in both California and Arizona.
Even as an adult, I am find myself hard-pressed to cough up the dough for the jacket.
Someday... maybe.
It HAS been cold! It's a good thing we didn't get rid of all of our winter gear from when we lived in Chicago. I keep saying, "This isn't "normal" but I don't think anyone believes me anymore. lol
Stay toasty!
:)
I am soooo jealous right now. My toes are not toasty warm and I only have boring Old Navy pink plaid slippers to wear. :(
Natalie: There is an Overland store in Santa Fe. I love the shearling coats but I agree--there's no way I'm spending that much money on one. These were a splurge for me.
Amy: Hey! I bought you those pink plaid slippers!
Oh, your older sister was a bit miffed -- and is still slightly bitter -- over Preston's booties... I am, however, now jealous of younger sis #1 and her sheepskin booties/slippers. And I have no slippers to wear. I have to make do with plain old socks! :(
Post a Comment