The gym was built in the early 1950's, when Owen was on the Louisville School Board. It was Owen & Reva's first choice for the party location for sentimental reasons. Thankfully, the afternoon was cool and rainy since the gym is un-air-conditioned. And the gym was actually a nice location because it gave the children plenty of room to run and play without being underfoot.
With Paul's grandparents
Paul's Uncle Tom and Aunt Virgina with Sarah
Roger and Paul holding Andrew and Joshua
After church on Sunday, we met back at Owen & Reva's for lunch and visiting (if you notice Andrew, when I tried to put him on the grass, he refused to be put down; it became quite the party trick)Sarah and Matthew entertain their great-grandfather while Grandmother watches the rest of us from the porch
Andrew and I visit with Grandmother. She's not able to hold the babies but is always happy to have them near her.




2 comments:
These photos make my heart go pitter-pat, partly because I was a gerontology major and partly because I love my grandmothers.
Loved the pictures. They mean a lot even to those who know none of you personally. Thanks.
Jon
Post a Comment