Tuesday, June 13, 2006

An update on "The Event"

The trip to Kansas was quite enjoyable and we enjoyed visiting with all of Paul's family. The "all" of the family is only 23 people, including us and the three babies, so it's not a terribly large group of people. And as I mentioned before, they are pretty enjoyable to be around.

For the most part, I was a non-essential to any conversation. Paul has the new company, a cousin and his wife are adopting two children from Russia this summer, Paul's brother and sister-in-law have the four children and are moving in a few weeks. I could basically hang around on the fringes of any conversation, not necessary and much less stressed at the end of three days as a result.

We went to KS a day early to take in a Royals game. A recent heat wave made for a rather sticky evening. At one point, Paul and I looked at each other and had to laugh--we were both mopping sweat off our foreheads with extra napkins. Living in the desert, we're spoiled by the "dry heat." After the sun went down, a little breeze cooled us off and we were able to enjoy the game. Neither team's starting pitcher was very good (and neither team is that good either). As a result, the game was a high-scoring affair with a final score of 16 to 11, in favor of the Royals.

No comments: