Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Al-brrrr-querque

OK, so it's really not that cold but compared to the weather we've had, it's right nippy outside. It was an absolutely beautiful early spring day on Monday--mid-70's, sunny, no wind. Just a perfect day. Today--not so much. Earlier today, there was a strong wind kicking up all the dirt and crude (it seems to have died down now); the temperature is in the mid-40's and it was overcast most of the day. I skipped the gym because all I wanted to do was head home and curl up on the couch with a blanket and something warm to eat (which I did and it was good).

When I looked outside about 5:00, this is what I saw:

Yes--that's snow. Snow. It didn't stick around long and it wasn't much but it was snow. The first picture is the bench by our front door. The second is our itty-bitty back yard, lovely and green. It isn't courtesy of Mother Nature, by the way. It's Real Turf--basically our backyard is fancy Astroturf. I love it though--no watering, no mowing, minimal maintenance. Paul wanted to make the entire thing a putting green but I vetoed that. Instead, it's the longer "lawn" length. It doesn't feel quite like real grass but it's soft enough. And hey, I don't have to worry about the weird rash I normally get after sitting in real grass.

It is supposed to be cooler through the weekend, with a chance of rain/snow on Saturday. We definitely need the moisture and it would be nice to see some more snow this year. Maybe it will tame the pollen as well. I'm not normally affected by allergies too much but this year, the juniper is really bothering me. Claritin is my friend this year.


Jubjub checking out the weather. Yep, snow.

3 comments:

telfair said...

Has Jub ever seen snow before??

I'm the MOM!? said...

I wish we would get just that much it would be nice. We did have thunder and a little rain. Guess we did not have it in such a long time that it knocked the power out for about 45 minutes.

Carrie said...

Jub has seen snow (we normally get at least a little bit each year). He's only been in it once, when he was a wee kitten. There was about a foot of snow just before Christmas the year I got him. He made a dash outside before he realized the snow was deeper than he was. That was one of the last times he ventured out into the elements. Jub is such a couch potato.