Saturday, August 29, 2009

So I had this dream. . .

It was a week or so ago and it was just a snippet of a dream in which I heard someone say, "It's a boy. His name is Max. He weighs 7 lbs. 15 oz. just like his mama did."

Hmmm. . . . Let's evaluate this--

1. Baby's name will most definitely not be Max. I like the name but it's Donna's cat's name. That's just not happening.

2. I did weigh 7 lbs. 15 oz. when I was born (Paul was 8 lbs. 8 oz.). Max, aka The Big Fat Cat, has not weigh 7 lbs. 15 oz. in many years so I'm fairly certain my dream was not in reference to him.

3. My gut reaction since finding out I was pregnant has been to refer to Baby as "he." Amy said with Abigail, she referred to Baby as "she" so she thinks I'm having a boy.

We will be finding out the gender of the baby. I'm too much of a planner to not do so. That news will be coming in 5-6 weeks. As for Baby's weight, I guess we'll just have to wait 27 weeks to find out that one.

6 comments:

Patsy said...

Too funny. I'm so glad you want to know the gender of the baby. I hated having to wait to find out with you girls, although Dr. Wright said with all three of you that you were girls.
So we can eleminate Max as a name.
Maybe that was in reference to Paul's weight as birth.

amanew said...

Eight pounds is not that bad. It makes the doctor say things like "wow that's impressive." At least that is what my dr. said.

The Steinman Squad said...

I was certain that I was having a boy when I was pregnant with Brooke. Enter one dream in month 3.5: dreamed the doctors delivered a girl - pink everywhere. She was tiny, early and all girl. Even after the dream I thought it was a boy, then we found out it was girl in month 5. I was shocked! She wasn't tiny (well, ok, she was tiny by our family standards - we have some huge babies) but she was early - 6 weeks early.

Oh and my sister had dreams with both her pregnancies and the dreams were right too. There's something about those dreams!

Carrie said...

I've had several friends who said they had dreams in which the sex of the baby was accurately predicted. I guess we'll see if my subconscious knows what it's talking about soon enough. But either way, we really do just want healthy--I figure we can screw up either a boy or a girl just as easily.

Stephanie said...

LOL!! I'm sorry but I think it would be funny for your child to have the same name as Donna's cat. :-) I'll ask Hagen what he thinks you'll be having; he's 3 for 3 in correctly guessing babies' sex! :-)

Babbsie said...

Okay, so I never had a dream about Gracie, but what does it mean when you dream your baby is a full grown adult? Because I had that one...Oh and just so you know, Gracie was 10 lbs. 1.9 oz...talk about Max. I won't even get started on Labor and delivery...
How is it going anyway?