
We've started state testing this week and everyone at work is cranky. Thankfully, I didn't have to proctor a test this year--that's just painful to do as a non-teacher because the students are testy and rude to their normal teachers. It's even worse with me because I'm "just a sub." There is a class testing in the library--a group of rather rotten 6th graders--and I'm trying my best to just ignore them. All the fiction books now have security strips with the help of the auto-assigned sub who didn't have a class to sub during testing this week so she offered to help as her job on Monday. It worked for me--I warned her that it's monotonous, tedious, and quite boring work. She agreed with that estimation but came back on Tuesday. Working solo the past two days, I've been able to finish the task and listened to the first 19 chapters of "Anne of Green Gables." I love that book. I feel Anne and her dislike of her horrid red hair.
Paul and I had an unexpected invitation to dinner last night from our friend Chris who was in town on business. It was very last minute but I hadn't gotten so far as to what I was going to cook so it wasn't a bad thing in my book.
Tomorrow, the final measurement of the kitchen for the new countertops and we'll hopefully get the work scheduled soon. Beyond that, not much is going on and that is quite fine with both of us. It leaves more time for Guitar Hero III.
2 comments:
Carrie, I LOVE Anne of Green Gables, too!! I can't relate to her in quite the same way, but I will tell you (as I think Diana told Anne when they were older) I think your hair is more strawberry-blond. :-)
Anne of Green Gables is one of may all time favorites... as I too had that horrid red hair! And no, my hair is NOT strawberry blond!
Post a Comment