
These purple mums really loved the cool, wet summer. They were little stumps in June but have just sprouted up since and are covered with buds.
I picked up some pansies yesterday to replace the fading petunias I'd had in the pot. My grandmother had johnny-jump-ups (little purple & yellow pansies) in her yard for years. I'd love to find some to plant in my own yard.
And my daylilies are blooming out again. I planted them this spring and they were fairly lackluster all summer. I was pleasantly suprised to notice the new buds a few days ago.Fall is easily my favorite time of the year. I love the feel of the air, the smells, the look of the landscape. I love the crisp air in the mornings and evenings, when it's time to start thinking of jackets but still too warm during the day to wear one. The colors of leaves changing and fall flowers are my favorites and these figured into the decor of our wedding. The centerpieces for our wedding reception were hollowed-out pumpkins with mums that my mom later planted at their house in Canadian.
I noticed yesterday as I was looking at getting some new plants that I had a genuinely happy smile on my face. I'm generally a pretty cheerful person so it's not unusual but this was different. This was a smile that was there because I was feeling so peaceful and relaxed; a smile I haven't had in some time as I have muddled my way through the last few months. Things have calmed down, my head is in a much better place, and while all still isn't "right" in my world, it just seems that I'm better able to handle those troubles in the fall.
2 comments:
Glad to hear things are good, Carrie. And those mums are not maroon. Only aggies would have maroon mums. I tend to call them crimson. ;-)
Paul said to tell you that he calls them "reddish."
And sadly, my h.s. colors were maroon and white. I wasn't very big on school spirit. :)
Post a Comment